Friday, June 8, 2012

Post class discussion :P

Hey, I just realized I never posted a post class discussion...

I wanted to (belatedly) thank everyone for participating in two really heavy readings in one class period.  We'll just say that since the session title was "Post Everything"  I decided to delay the discussion to when we'd completed everything because I'm that witty.  It isn't true, but we'll go with it. 

Sarah, I hope your date sacrifice will not be in vain.  Critical rhetoric does have much to offer, but, as Dr. Rouzie pointed out after my original post, maybe the direct desire to connect theory and pedagogy together is itself problematic.  Regardless, the fact that so many of you read it, and interacted on specific points of interest moved the conversation forward.  I really did not expect the volatility with the discussion on plagiarism, so I wish I'd spent more time linking it to critical rhetoric.  Maybe it could inform our understanding of plagiarism to some degree.  Sarah's question about doxa an kairos, and where voice rests in critical rhetoric made me think.  I had no idea where voice would be.  I've come to the conclusion that voice rests with the critic's agency to continue questioning.  Even though meaning arrives collectively, the ability to continue to question it gives voice to the individual "calling in the wilderness".  Or, at least that's a thought.

Also, Dr. Rouzie dismissed one of my arguments concerning postmodernism as "old" and not necessarily worthy of consideration.  We will meet again Dr. Rouzie!  :)  Actually, I'd like to engage it further some day, because I think it's a rather valid argument (but I'm of course the learner here).

Thanks again everybody!

Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment